[Reward] Crying Suns Digital Artbook is now available!
2 months ago
– Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 01:18:09 AM
Greetings Crying Suns fans,
Crying Suns digital artbook is finally available and has been sent to our backers!
If you chose the “Digital Art Package” (or above) during the campaign, check your mailbox! You should have received an email from Backerkit containing the link to download it.
If you missed the Kickstarter campaign, you can still pre-order the physical artbook (limited edition) or even purchase one of the digital versions here on our Backerkit boutique.
The physical version should be sent shortly after the end of the Covid-19 problems, production and delivery services being stopped during the outbreak. In the meantime, stay safe!
Thanks for your patience and for supporting our project!
Don’t forget to join our Discord server
… to discuss with other players and the development team (in English and/or in French). Click here to join us!
The Crying Suns development team
Update: Redesign of special officers availability, new contents and other improvements
5 months ago
– Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 02:28:03 AM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
Steam Awards 2019 - Vote for Crying Suns!
6 months ago
– Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 01:10:31 AM
Hi Crying Suns fans!
Steam Awards 2019 votes have just started! It's a wonderful opportunity for indie games to stand out!
You can now support the Alt Shift team by voting here for Crying Suns in the "Outstanding Visual Style" category. Of course, you are free to choose another category although we truly think we have good chances in this specific one this year!
Thanks in advance and don't hesitate to spread the word!
A small update before big ones
7 months ago
– Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 01:27:09 AM
Greetings Crying Suns fans!
Alt Shift team is currently working on some big changes and improvements for Crying Suns. Before going further into the details of what’s coming, here is a quick list of changes we pushed a few minutes ago:
Story, events and texts
- We improved again the events procedural distribution. The average distance between two events repetition has been increased. We also fixed some remaining statistically rare situations where the minimum distance between two similar events could have been still too low.
- It's now impossible to have two cryopod events during an expedition
Interface, Graphics and Sounds
- Frigate laser projectile effects were not the ones intended on most of the frigates, it has been corrected.
- We fixed a major issue where the previous save "recuperation mode" was not working properly.
- We fixed a major issue where, in case of a power outage while saving, all the save files where wiped off.
- We fixed the allowed memory size for the sound engine that might have been insufficient, causing sound issues.
A quick look back
If you followed our last announcements and updates, you already know that many corrections and improvements have been made such as:
- A new chapter selection feature allowing a much higher replayability (with new Steam achievements related).
- A big rework of events distribution to prevent repetitions
- A first rework on special officers availability (still ongoing, see below)
- Game balancing adjustments
- Ergonomy and “quality of life” improvements
- The Steam Cloud save feature
- And many bugs corrected, of course
Following the roadmap we announced a few weeks ago but also your valuable feedbacks on Steam and Discord, here are the ongoing subjects we are working on right now until January 2020:
- A complete rework of special officers selection/availability, much easier to understand and much more interesting to play.
- A deep rebalancing of the unlockable battleships, the idea being to allow more gameplay diversity between them and more advanced strategies.
- This rework involved a long and deep rethink on a strategic level to ensure a global consistency and will also come with a lot of brand new contents (officers abilities, squadrons, weapons) and updates to existing ones to support these changes (an open beta will allow the beta-testers to try and evaluate these substantial changes very soon).
- Brand new events including new quests, risky situations and skill related situations.
- New contents to improve environment diversity (new stations, new civilian ships)
- The iPad version is progressing everyday (stretch your fingers ;) )
- Of course, lots of bug fixes and “quality of life” improvements.
- And maybe a small surprise for players who will finish the whole game with every battleship in Hard mode ;)
Finally, the Artbook is almost ready! Here is a glimpse of it: 128 pages of Crying Suns artwork, unreleased contents and researches, a premium hard cover, in short: a very exclusive item for the biggest fans.
Thanks again for your support!
[Major update] Replayable chapters, events repetitions fixed, and many other things
7 months ago
– Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 12:24:14 AM
Greetings Crying Suns fans,
Crying Suns was launched almost a month ago and thanks to your valuable feedbacks since the release, we were able to define our next priorities to improve our game. Following your comments and reviews, we mainly worked on 3 big subjects :
- Making the game replayable
- Lowering the repetitiveness of some events
- Refining some gameplay parameters to provide a better experience
We developed a new “chapter selection” feature. After completing the story, you are now able to replay any of the 6 story chapters (with or without the story events, as you can reset the story on each chapter) and of course, with any of the battleships and officers you unlocked until then.
Thanks to this new feature, you will be able to finally unlock story achievements you may have missed in your first runs! In addition, new Steam Achievements have been added for completing all chapters with every battleship, although only your future runs will count for these achievements (unfortunately, save files from previous versions don’t contain the information about which chapter was achieved with which battleship).
Events repetitiveness corrected:
Following multiple players reports that a small group of events appeared very frequently, we conducted a complete audit of the event procedural generation. We found several blocking issues that were provoking statistical aberrations. We also found that we had too much constraints on events generations (related to graphical environments, gamedesign constraints or POI types) which made 20 to 30 events to be mostly picked against the few hundreds of them (!) We conducted a complete redesign of our approach and the repetitions of events should occur a lot less often now. A lot of events that were almost never picked before should now reappear and most of the time there shouldn't be much repetition between two consecutive full runs.
We reworked some game parameters to improve the global game experience, including a rebalancing of Neo-N distribution (making it fairer mostly), adjustments on some weapons effects and some squadrons abilities. We also heard your feedbacks about the lack of difference between the unlockable battleships so we started to adjust their characteristics to foster diversity among them and encourage various game strategies. We will continue these improvements in the next versions of course.
As planned in the roadmap, we also started to integrate the cloud save feature although this one will only be available from the next version as we need players to update first their data files with this version.
Don't hesitate to use the Steam forum or our discord channel to report any problem you might encounter in the game. Your feedbacks are crucial for us to improve the game experience.
Discover the full changelog here on Steam.
The Crying Suns development team