Crying Suns on itch.io / Between the Stars
about 3 years ago
– Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 08:18:30 PM
Greetings dear backers!
It's now been a month since the Crying Suns’ closed beta started, and thanks to the feedbacks from our early beta testers, the game has evolved compared to the demo available on our Kickstarter page!
Today, we are moving on to the next phase, by allowing people who could not contribute to the Kickstarter at the "Beta access package" tier to access the Beta. Indeed, we really want to give you the opportunity to be involved in the development of the game before its release.
How to join the beta?
Crying Suns’ beta is exclusively available on the itch.io website. For the same price as the “Beta access package” tier (30 € / 35 $), you will have the possibility to download the different versions of the Beta, you will also be able to share your feedbacks with us by accessing the dedicated surveys and joining the community forum on which you can discuss with the team. And, of course, you will also have access to a digital copy of Crying Suns as soon as it is released.
By joining the Beta from itch.io, you have access to the current version (v 2.0) of Crying Suns' beta. Compared to the demo, here is a partial list of features added:
- You can now go up to sector 2, and fight the first 2 sector sub-bosses,
- 3 new enemy battleships added : Kosh-Buendia, Empire, Pirate,
- You can now sell units in shops,
- The starting hero roster now includes "generic" random heroes (in the the end, specific faction heroes will need to be unlocked in-game),
- Complete rethink of the game fight difficulty progression,
- Added new battleground event: “Meteor” Shower (temporary name),
- Added 3 new hero abilities: Proximity defense, Proximity Unit repair, XO (Executive officer),
- When “undeploying” (squadron returning to the battleship) they should now try to take a safer path (= not going through asteroid fields),
- And a lot more...
To see all the new features and bugfix, please read the changelogs on the Crying Suns forum.
A new spatial game: Between the Stars!
Do you know this game? Between the Stars is a non-linear space faring roguelike ARPG with a heavy focus on events and player choice... and the Kickstarter campaign of the game started a few days ago. We find the art impressive, and the gameplay really interesting (and you can test it: a free demo is available). Look at this trailer: isn't it gorgeous?
If you like the game, please spread the word!